I want concrete proof. Not criticism of the potential story line, but actual hate and name calling, because I haven’t seen anything. (At least not from any S/T shippers I follow.)
I honestly can’t stop laughing.
I wasn’t going to bring this up, but I saw the post about magnesium sulfate and eclamptic seizures and I think this needs to be said…
No, this post isn’t about the what happened last night.
It’s about the shotty research that has permeated Downton over and over again.
- The entail. There were ways of breaking the entail. The Fines and Recoveries Act of 1833 was passed so that the entail could be broken if need be. Instead, Lord Grantham decided not to try this avenue…This post sums up pretty much how it could be broken.
- Breaking up Downton Abbey. Entailed land could not be broken up piece by piece. You could sell your BELONGINGS, but not the actual land. So when Lord Grantham says, “I can’t break Downton up and sell it piece by piece” (or something like that), it’s kind of suspicious. He and Murray HAVE to know that entailed land can’t be broken up, so why are they talking about breaking it up? Was it entailed in the first place?
- Vera’s death. As a chemist (and someone who is certified in lab safety) I can assure you that one does not simply eat an arsenic pie and die of arsenic poisoning. It’s completely laughable to me. It takes DAYS for arsenic poison to cause death. You have to consume an insane amount of rat poison over a period of DAYS for it to cause death. AND THE SYMPTOMS OF ARSENIC POISONING ARE CLEAR. SOMEONE WOULD HAVE NOTICED IF SHE WAS GOING CRAZY. Death from acute arsenic poisoning DOES NOT HAPPEN. Especially in a fucking pie.
- Sybil’s death. Two words: Magnesium Sulfate.
Time and time again Julian Fellowes have proved that he will go to all lengths to write Downton as dramatic as possible with weak research and insufficient background information.
Feel free to add more.
Come to us angry American S/T shippers. Hate with the people who’ve known since October.
Let us hate JF, cry, and read AU fanfic together.
It’s much better than Downton Abbey.
JF has expressed that he would like Shirley Maclaine to come back.
If Martha is coming back, does this mean that Reed will come back too?
Because I ship Alfred and Reed too.
- ▸Sister: There was a message board debating which Crawley sister is best. They were heavily favoring Sybil, saying she deserved all the happiness. And I was all, "You don't even know."
- ▸Me: *dying on the inside*
I watched Downton Abbey last night. It tore my heart apart, but I’m still gonna watch the rest of the series…
I think it’s a terrible coincidence for PBS to show 3x05 on the week of my birthday.
As terribly as season two was planned and developed, I think it will always be my favorite because my OTP became cannon.
All the Sybil/Tom and Matthew/Mary shippers.
I feel your pain.
I won’t be watching the Christmas Special. Can someone tell me what happens?
Is it bad that I think Dan Stevens leaving Downton is a good thing? Mostly because I’ll be saying, “Thank god it isn’t just my ship that went down in flames.”
ilovethebransons answered: SINCE WHEN IS JUST- WHAT? IS THIS TRUE?
In the new promo, it looks like Edna is pulling away from Tom (as if they just kissed) and she’s in his bedroom and he’s naked (or at least shirtless.) It is not too far off to assume she is going to pine over Tom. This is in no way right or fair.
And just a small rant. The S/T ship is a very loyal ship. To make Tom fall in love with someone else is so heartbreaking to see. Sure he needs to move on, but let’s face it. Tom isn’t real. Neither is Sybil. But for JF to think he can just say, “OH! Since I killed half your fucking OTP, I hope substituting some maid from out of the blue is going to be okay” is so wrong. In reality, it’s the shippers who are burdened with the loss. For JF to push this new ship in our face to quell our sadness is so insulting. And no, I’m not over Sybil’s death.
I understand that Tom needs to move on (if this show is going to be “realistic” *bitter chuckle*) but it’s too fucking soon.
And I think it’s pretty obvious that when Julian Fellowes writes his scripts, he doesn’t give a fuck about the fandom (mainly the S/T ship)